Mr. PJ Quinn
I have been the Superintendent of Mead Public Schools since the 2020-21 school year. Prior to becoming the Superintendent, I was the K-12 Principal for 12 years and I taught high school English for 11 years at Mead. I also served as the Head Boys Basketball Coach since the 1998-1999 season.
Bachelor of Arts in Education, University of Nebraska-Kearney, 1995.
Masters in Educational Leadership, Doane College, 2007.
Education Specialist Degree, Doane Unviersity, 2018.
Philosophy of Leadership
As a leader I will
• Create a safe and secure learning environment for staff and students
• Promote an environment that maintains high expectations
• Model moral and servant leadership
• Value the input of others
• Communicate openly, honestly, and effectively
• Promote opportunities for collegiality
• Seek what people need to be successful
• Celebrate the accomplishments of others
• Create strong connections between school, home, and community
• Reflect on my actions and decisions to promote personal and
Mr. Darin Kovar
My name is Darin Kovar, and I am the PK-12 Principal at Mead Public Schools.
I began my career in Education in 1998, and have been in Administration since 2011.
I am married with 3 kids. My wife Kamile owns a hair salon in Omaha, and my 3 kids are Mason, Baillee and Miles.
I love following the Huskers, and the Kansas City Royals. I enjoy spending time with my family and being on the golf course.
I look forward to serving the Mead Community, and getting to know the students, parents, and members of this great community!