Mead FFA Chapter Celebrates National FFA Week
During the week of February 19-23, the Mead FFA Chapter observed National FFA Week. The week was full of many activities that helped promote FFA locally and at the State level. Here are the activities the Mead FFA Chapter did for National FFA Week:
- FFA Member Appreciation Day – As a token of thanks for being in FFA, members received a candy bar, from the officer team, as a thank you for their work during the school year.
- Elementary Coloring Contest – Elementary students got the chance show their coloring skills in the FFA Coloring Contest. Students in grades K-6 had one week to color their pictures and then the top three individuals in each category had their pictures displayed at the FFA Barnyard.
- FFA Barnyard – On Wednesday, FFA members held their annual FFA Barnyard. Members helped set up and supply animals for the barnyard. Once the Barnyard was assembled and filled with animals, the elementary students were invited to visit the barnyard. They enjoyed our assortment of animals including goats, chickens, rabbits, a cow, a horse, and a ferret.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Breakfast – On Thursday of FFA week, the students hosted an early morning breakfast where they made pancakes, sausage, and eggs as a token of appreciation toward our teachers and staff.
- State Officer and Wear Your FFA Shirt Day – On Friday, students in an Ag class got the opportunity to listen to State FFA Officer Hailey Coufal. Coufal enlightened our classes about issues in the Agricultural industry, leadership, and her once in a lifetime trip to South Africa with the rest of her State Officer team.