Mead FFA Chapter Celebrates National FFA Week
During the week of February 22-26, the Mead FFA Chapter observed National FFA Week. The week was full of many activities that helped promote FFA locally and at the State level. Here are the activities the Mead FFA Chapter did for National FFA Week:
- State Officer and Wear Your FFA Shirt Day – On Monday, students in an Ag class got the opportunity to listen to a State FFA Officer speak and ask questions. Also, on Monday, students had to wear their FFA shirts for a chapter picture.
- FFA Member Appreciation Day – As a token of thanks for being in FFA, members received a candy bar, from the officer team, as a thank you for their work during the school year. Students also had the opportunity to travel to Midland University to listen to Temple Grandin speak.
- Elementary Coloring Contest – Elementary students got the chance show their coloring skills in the FFA Coloring Contest. Students in grades K-6 had one week to color their pictures and then the top three individuals in each category had their pictures displayed at the FFA Barnyard.
- Farm Olympics Day – On Wednesday, FFA members got to show off their skills during class in the Farm Olympics. Members raced with 5 gallon buckets of corn and threw hay bales.
- FFA Barnyard – On Thursday during FFA Week, the Mead FFA members held their annual FFA Barnyard. Members helped set up and supply animals for the barnyard. Once the Barnyard was assembled and filled with animals, the elementary students were invited to visit the barnyard.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Breakfast – To end FFA week, the FFA members served a thank you breakfast for the Mead Faculty and Staff as a way to show their appreciation for all that the faculty and staff does for the FFA program.